Mounting Mitras LX7's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fine they are plastic. They won't scratch glass.

Hmm ok. I might try to find some rubber or a piece of acrylic to use as a sandwich plate and tighten them onto it.. I'm scared to scratch the new glass. First time I got rimless and starphire. I'm a baby. Dont want to tighten. But I know the mitras lx7 are heavier than the rest of the lights.

Glad I picked these. They are capable of being tall. If on the 11" setting they are like 15 inches tall!

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm ok. I might try to find some rubber or a piece of acrylic to use as a sandwich plate and tighten them onto it.. I'm scared to scratch the new glass. First time I got rimless and starphire. I'm a baby. Dont want to tighten. But I know the mitras lx7 are heavier than the rest of the lights.

Glad I picked these. They are capable of being tall. If on the 11" setting they are like 15 inches tall!
I hand tightened mine about a year ago. They never move! Nice thing about those mounts is you can swing the lights out of the way if you need to get in that part of the tank.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ya that's part of learning. I had to push out my tank from wall from 2.5 to 3 inches to be able to get these on and tighten em I might have to go 3. . To be comfortable getting my fingers back there if I never need to adjust lo .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back