Mounting Pentair 80 Watt Smart UV High Output UV Sterilizer

Jody Owens

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have two of these on order with the recent promotions, but noticed that they don't come with any mounting hardware. Has anyone found anything online or a Big Box store that will work to mount them? I am mounting them in a Red Sea 300XXL and a 350XXL so the in cabinet space is a little limited. I am open to any suggestions on the best way to handle it.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have two of these on order with the recent promotions, but noticed that they don't come with any mounting hardware. Has anyone found anything online or a Big Box store that will work to mount them? I am mounting them in a Red Sea 300XXL and a 350XXL so the in cabinet space is a little limited. I am open to any suggestions on the best way to handle it.
Do not buy them.. There is not so much evidence that UV does much - it will cause hours of maintenance/year. Apologetically, I have not found any mounting help (though I checked). Best wishes

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have my 80w pentair mounted with this. Not the prettiest but much cheaper than the neat aquatics brackets. Now I just have it lying down behind the tank.

You can also check with pentair directly to see if they have anything. I've bought spare parts directly from them.

Oatey 33925 3/4 in. x 25' Plastic Hanger Strap, Bagged,Gray https://a.co/d/5jHlgG6

OP
OP
J

Jody Owens

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to have my 80w pentair mounted with this. Not the prettiest but much cheaper than the neat aquatics brackets. Now I just have it lying down behind the tank.

You can also check with pentair directly to see if they have anything. I've bought spare parts directly from them.

Oatey 33925 3/4 in. x 25' Plastic Hanger Strap, Bagged,Gray https://a.co/d/5jHlgG6
Do you have the fittings facing up? I thought it was supposed to be down.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, they're supposed to be pointing up so that the chamber is entirely filled with water to prevent any air from getting in there. If it's vertical, then the water has to come in from the bottom and out the top.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back