Mounting the Giesemann Stellar fixture

GaZZaW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I have been running the Giesemann Vervve Led`s on a reefer xl425 for 3 years, good lights and no problems just i find the shading to be limiting the real estate if you know what i mean.
I want to try the hybrid approach with the Giesemann Stellar unit.
At the moment the led`s are tanks mounted on the Giesemann mounting brackets. (see picture)
Im thinking of putting the mounting bracket at either end of the tank and use the hanging wire to support the Stellar. The led brackets are perfectly strong enough but i was wondering if it would cause too much stress on the glass.
Any thoughts on this

IMG_20200825_141802149.jpg

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have my stellar hanging with their hanging kit. Why would you need the brackets if going with the hanging kit?

jacksin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up purchasing the aquatic life hybrid fixture. Am not interested in wall or ceiling mounting. Tank is already operating in position so there is also no access to the back of the stand for attaching anything.
I'm going to get some 3/8 steel rod and bend a 90 degree angle into it. Going to get a 2x6, lay it on its edge and drill a 3/8 hole near each end approx 4 inches deep. Will screw the 2x6 to the top, back of the stand from the inside and slide the 3/8 steel rods into the drilled holes.
hope it works

OP
OP
GaZZaW

GaZZaW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up purchasing the aquatic life hybrid fixture. Am not interested in wall or ceiling mounting. Tank is already operating in position so there is also no access to the back of the stand for attaching anything.
I'm going to get some 3/8 steel rod and bend a 90 degree angle into it. Going to get a 2x6, lay it on its edge and drill a 3/8 hole near each end approx 4 inches deep. Will screw the 2x6 to the top, back of the stand from the inside and slide the 3/8 steel rods into the drilled holes.
hope it works
Sounds good, dont forget to post a pic when its done

shookONES

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ended up downsizing recently and got version 2.0 completed last night. Found some thicker wall 1/2” conduit and premade 90° at my local Home Depot. More solid than my original 3/4” and only cost about $20

BA8FA5F2-16A5-406E-92DB-E21934FFAF10.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back