Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Biocube 32 that the hood LEDs died in and I decided to scrap the hood entirely and go with a single Nicrew 50W. I’m pretty pleased with the light it gives off but unfortunately now I am faced with mounting issues. The light comes with a standard mounting arm (how nice, I don’t have to pay $45 extra for one ) and it supports the light fine, but the rim of the BC is giving me trouble.

As you can see, there are these “notches” in the back where the hood used to go on.
IMG_4325.jpeg

Unfortunately this one is directly in the center and my light has to go off to the side making it slightly off-centered.
IMG_4324.jpeg

I’m looking for a different way to mount this light over the center of the tank. I like the idea of 2 arms on each side and a rail in the middle (like this) but I don’t think that would work with this light. I can’t find a kit that would work.
IMG_4336.jpeg

The other option is to hang the light from the ceiling. I bought this kit off Amazon, but they only dangle a foot, and I have probably 5-6ft distance between the feeling and the tank, so this may not be the best plan.
IMG_4334.png

I’ve considered a wall bracket and then hanging this from it, but I need a bracket that will stick off the wall maybe 1.5ft to be centered over the tank.

Anybody else have this light that has any suggestions for mounting?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you cut that tab off thats in the way?

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE!

I ended up going with a hanging option, but modified it a bit. Instead of hanging it from the ceiling and having it dangle down 5 feet, I built a wooden bracket for the wall to hang the light from. I think this looks a lot better than both previous options, what do you guys think?

IMG_4349.jpeg

IMG_4351.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back