Moved from the other place to Reef2Reef!

OP
OP
tunde1228

tunde1228

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's our gripe with the other place. We just started out with saltwater and had a ton of help from the people in our group (C-Sea Cleveland) And we wanted to show our appreciation for all the help that we got. So being a small embroidering (I mean minute') company that we would make all of our club members a personalized "REEF" towel. So my 10 th or so post was that we would do these towels free of charge for anyone that contacted us and I ended the post with "wow cheap advertising too". Well "the moderators" soon read the post and decided that we were "selling" them and wrongfully advertising on "their" site. I never asked for money nor used the company name and I quickly apologized to the moderator who reamed me a new one. So I asked if I could forward their private message to our club pres. and vp which was granted to me. So that trigged another moderator private message that said we could not give away "free" towels because we were considered a frag dealer. I forgot to mention that someone offered to trade a frag for a towel, so now I'm a dealer. So back and forth back and forth, I assumed the MODs were unhappy about not getting one so I offered. Wow did that start a commotion. Well anyways we were booted for being towel makers (not associated with towel heads, sorry I had to add that for legal reasons please no offense) frag dealin trouble makers from Ohio. I will post pics of the towels.

OP
OP
tunde1228

tunde1228

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yea, I politely explained to the Moderator that a reef towel is the most basic but yet most important tool for any Reefer. Her name is D C , so I offered to make her a towel but that I would not add the F to the middle because I know what D F C stands for........I am a Christian.

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt see any thread about free towels?!? Just teasing, any idea when the shirts will be done? BTW, the only reason I didnt ask for a free towel is because they are really nice. My reef towels are on the floor of my sump room most of the time and I wouldnt want to do that with yours. But a decorative towel rack next to the tank might have been a good idea...

cveverly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grab your towel and don't panic. Towel day is actually May 25 so you are a little late. :)

*Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy reference.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trouble Maker!! :snicker: Good advertising by the way! I may contact you about some embroidering.

Many of us on R2R have our own businesses, its how we making a living. I dont thing anyone would be upset by you stating that you own an embroidering company. Anyhow, you will feel right at home on this site. Of course there are rules. But, in the year or so that I have been a member I have not seen any petty rules. Rev has really figured out how to run a reef club and it shows. Also, the MODS do one heck of a job making sure everything runs smooth.
Gary

Here's our gripe with the other place. We just started out with saltwater and had a ton of help from the people in our group (C-Sea Cleveland) And we wanted to show our appreciation for all the help that we got. So being a small embroidering (I mean minute') company that we would make all of our club members a personalized "REEF" towel. So my 10 th or so post was that we would do these towels free of charge for anyone that contacted us and I ended the post with "wow cheap advertising too". Well "the moderators" soon read the post and decided that we were "selling" them and wrongfully advertising on "their" site. I never asked for money nor used the company name and I quickly apologized to the moderator who reamed me a new one. So I asked if I could forward their private message to our club pres. and vp which was granted to me. So that trigged another moderator private message that said we could not give away "free" towels because we were considered a frag dealer. I forgot to mention that someone offered to trade a frag for a towel, so now I'm a dealer. So back and forth back and forth, I assumed the MODs were unhappy about not getting one so I offered. Wow did that start a commotion. Well anyways we were booted for being towel makers (not associated with towel heads, sorry I had to add that for legal reasons please no offense) frag dealin trouble makers from Ohio. I will post pics of the towels.

adetamor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I followed along with those threads and was appalled at how the mods reacted. Completely unnecessary. A friend picked up my towel today and I am grabbing it tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some Reef2Reef towels would be awesome. Might want to contact Rev and possibly work something out..

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some Reef2Reef towels would be awesome. Might want to contact Rev and possibly work something out..

There ya go! I have I/O towels draped over chairs around the tanks now. I think I'd buy a couple of R2R towels to hang around the tanks. Go for it Rev!

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gotta watch washing those I/O towels with yer whites though!! You'll end up with pink underwear!! :squigglemouth:

As the others said, welcome... And of course there are rules here just like everyplace (it is a public forum) But the Mods, and Admin are normal understanding people, that understand that we are all human and do screw up and say the wrong thing, or come off wrong sometimes... The difference is, they'll listen here, and don't have that 'cyberspace arrogance' as some of the 'other sites mods' have.... there are a couple mods over there that I would love to discuss some situations in person,,, of course you know that'll never happen!!!

I too am a banned missfit..... :tongue:

Again, welcome!!

Last edited:

dbarker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! A national towel day and I missed it!!! Seems like I am always a day late and a dollar short! I personally am not towel prejudiced, I have car wash towels, horse towels, beach towels, hand towels, kitchen towels and one Reef Crystals towel at the tank....and they all lay in the floor equally! I would LOVE to have a R2R towel to add to the mix!!! And if the towel is one of those fluffy ones it would be great for a Saturday night bath!!

Welcome, I really don't mean to make light of your situation with the other site, the whole thing just seems absurd. R2R and Rev are really great and you will find help when you need it, consoling when you need that and shared joy in your accomplishments when you need that too!

One word of warning....the key words when talking to Rev are....."Roll Tide"!

bushh23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! You dont have to worry about that drama over here. But i would also be down for a R2R towel!

Back