Moving and transporting spawning clownfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter NH Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NH Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2013
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Location
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in buying a pair of spawning clownfish. I would like to know the best was to move them as to not interrupt their cycle too much. I will be picking them up so there will be no shipping involved. My thoughts are that I should get them on about the 5-6th day after they lay. I would take the pot with the eggs also. Put them both in a bucket with the pot. By the 6th day she should have eggs in her belly ready to go again. Also with the eggs in the pot, I'm thinking that they may get right back to business by tending them.
What are your thoughts on this?
 
That sounds like a good plan. You will be amazed at how hardy your clownfish are. They should be right on track laying eggs once they are in their new home. Keep them well fed and water clean you should have no problems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new