Moving Coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter inetjnky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

inetjnky

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2013
Messages
581
Reaction score
319
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm moving coral from one established tank to a new frag tank that is its own independent system. The tank they are in now has an alk level of 8.064dkh. The new tank has an alk level of 10.304 dkh based on new salt mix and having no coral in the tank. Do I have to worry about losing any pieces when I transfer them from one tank to the other? Best to move them when the lights are off?
 
Just treat it like you're putting the coral in your tank for the first time. Temp acclimate, drip acclimate, etc. Do what you would normally do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new