Moving nano from one stand to another, questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,707
Reaction score
2,314
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 10 cube currently sits on a filing cabinet in my office. I finally found a stand for it and am planning on moving it soon. The question is, should I just drain the water in it, move it, and put that water back? Or do I put in all fresh saltwater after moving it?

My live rock is all epoxied together, so I’m not even going to remove corals, just drain, move, and refill. Not sure if it really matters that much honestly.
 
Drain off a good half or more water from the tank, enough that you can easily carry it to the new stand, then fill with fresh saltwater. Ensure that the new saltwater is the same temperature and salinity of the tank's water, and you should be fine.

Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new