moving pistol shrimp

HerishiSteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got myself a tiger pistol shrimp and a yellow watchman goby last week (unpaired)

I created a space in the aquarium for them with a rock they could build a cave under and to my surprise I put them both in the tank next to the rock, within minutes they were paired up and the shrimp was creating a new home.

However, (you knew one was coming :) ) the shrimp has since decided to wander off over the back of the aquarium and disappear, I know it's still around as I can it snapping from time to time. Unfortunately, when it left, it left the goby behind or kicked it out and now the goby is looking stressed, it also keeps swimming over to the blenny's house (which normally results in a fight).

Is there any way to encourage the shrimp to relocate to somewhere more visible (I want to see it after all) and to get it to share its home with the goby?

Thanks

steve

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, no lol.

My pistol has the complete run of my 38g tank, and I actually designed the tank with one in mind. A single large boulder and a small reef structure, and an absolutely vast expanse of sand. He goes where he chooses, but some days he will just buldoze a highway straight accross the open expanse until he hits glass, just for the hell of it! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Fun part is i have extremly high flow and very fine sand, so the valleys and hills he digs eventually collapse and shift around. Sandscape is never the same from one day to the next. :)

OP
OP
H

HerishiSteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback everyone, looks like these two were a huge waste on money lol, at least I saw them for about an hour

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back