Moving to Germany; Help!

Ravenlight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi;

As the title says I am moving to Germany from the US and I would like to take my coral frags with me when I go but I have no experience with overseas shipping or coral moving regulations pertaining to inbound live shipments. Has anyone live shipped to Germany or knows a bit about any contacts/websites that could help me? Thanks in advance!

-Randall

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi look into cites /all international coming in must be gov approved here in us,also look into Germany policy currently
i know stinks ,but prob best to sell all livestock here,you can get more there and cheaper too,best wishes

haitian_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post 9/11 I flew to Switzerland with half a dozen fish. You should of seen the look on TSA employees faces . If I were you, I would either fly with them as a carry-on or sell them before the move. Go luck!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to keep frags alive during a cross country move is stressful enough. Unless they are truly one of a kind, irreplaceable specimens, it doesnt seem worth the hassle.

OP
OP
Ravenlight

Ravenlight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to keep frags alive during a cross country move is stressful enough. Unless they are truly one of a kind, irreplaceable specimens, it doesnt seem worth the hassle.
I thought about that too, I have looked at doing it with a carry on; I definitely do not want to get into customs issues on the way! I know getting my car shipped has been a pain so far because they want it sparkling clean to avoid parasites. Not sure how they would react to corals...

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t do it. Odds are corals would not survive going from your system at home to a brand new system that you have to build or assemble with no established livestock.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have a lot on your plate already. You don't need a bag of saltwater opening up on you. Try explaining that smell. There are also so many post 9/11 restrictions on the number of liquid ounces that may be carried onto a plane. Not nearly enough to sustain coral life.
Safe travels on your journey.... we'll be here when you get started again!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back