In case you buy from "Aquaristik shop" Germany (also called Happy Discus)

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Israel and buy all my "reagents" for tank maintenance from this online store (Aquaristik shop). Shipping from Germany to Israel is slow and expensive, but their prices make it worth it.
However, three times, I purchased equipment from them: a wavemaker, a single dosing pump, and a triple dosing pump (all from Aqua Medic, which I have no issues with up to now). The wavemaker arrived not working, and instead of apologizing and sending a new one ASAP, I had to send it back (cost on me) "under warranty," wait for them to fix it! and get it back. My triple reef doser also arrived useless yesterday as its WLAN did not function. I told them that "under warranty" handling is inappropriate when an item comes broken. Still, of course, there was no relevant answer from them (they sent me instructions on operating the doser even though I already have one). The issue is that they are very sloppy packaging instruments. They only shove some paper to fit the item in a carton box. They do not consider that packages travel by air and on roads for almost a month and they refuse to take responsibility for that.

Tavero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from Germany but I never heard from this shop before. The website doesn't look appealing and hard to navigate. It also looks like a it's a freshwater shop. Neither their saltwater selection nor their prices seem that great to me.
Why are you buying from Germany when you're living in Israel. Is it that hard to find hardware there?

OP
OP
Koty

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from Germany but I never heard from this shop before. The website doesn't look appealing and hard to navigate. It also looks like a it's a freshwater shop. Neither their saltwater selection nor their prices seem that great to me.
Why are you buying from Germany when you're living in Israel. Is it that hard to find hardware there?

The answer is very simple: They have all the Tropic Marin merchandise that I use routinely, and compared to Israel it costs about 1/3 of the price. I would love it if you could recommend me a different online store with similar prices that ship to. the Middle East. They also have stuff from Aqua Medic which people say is crap, but I find it inexpensive and relatively reliable.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe its hard to get things in the mail because of, oh you know..... the WAR you got going on right now.... :face-in-clouds:

OP
OP
Koty

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Israel is indeed in deep s@#$t, and for us, these are the gloomiest days I can remember being hit by terror from one side and an entirely corrupt extreme-right racist government on the other. Fortunately, this is one thing the war in Israel did not affect the arrival time from Germany, as it is always slow. Stuff from China arrives twice as fast and twice as cheap.

Tavero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The answer is very simple: They have all the Tropic Marin merchandise that I use routinely, and compared to Israel it costs about 1/3 of the price. I would love it if you could recommend me a different online store with similar prices that ship to. the Middle East. They also have stuff from Aqua Medic which people say is crap, but I find it inexpensive and relatively reliable.
The prices on Aquaristik shop are already 20-30% higher than I'm used to and you're telling me the prices in Israel 200% higher than that? That's literally extortion from the happy merchant. But considering you are talking about Israel, I am not surprised.
Oh boy you have no idea how hard it is for me right now to hold back on the stereotype memes, that could get me into trouble. At least one though.
recettear_2245372.jpg

I think it will be hard to find shops that are shipping outside of Europe, but have you considered using proxy shipping? I know of a lot of Swiss that are using these services regularly. At least mygermany com is shipping to israel. Don't ask me about their reliability though.
Edit: mailboxde com seems to ship worldwide and has overall good reviews, so I would try this one first.

One question though. How hard is it for you to buy livestock for your tank

Last edited:
OP
OP
Koty

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The prices on Aquaristik shop are already 20-30% higher than I'm used to and you're telling me the prices in Israel 200% higher than that? That's literally extortion from the happy merchant. But considering you are talking about Israel, I am not surprised.
Oh boy you have no idea how hard it is for me right now to hold back on the stereotype memes, that could get me into trouble. At least one though.
recettear_2245372.jpg

I think it will be hard to find shops that are shipping outside of Europe, but have you considered using proxy shipping? I know of a lot of Swiss that are using these services regularly. At least mygermany com is shipping to israel. Don't ask me about their reliability though.
Edit: mailboxde com seems to ship worldwide and has overall good reviews, so I would try this one first.

One question though. How hard is it for you to buy livestock for your tank

Consider the fact that I do not pay your crazy VAT. I have no idea why it is so costly in Israel. Though I would guess that import spells red tape, the market is very small. We do get very good supplies of fish and corals. Many creatures are not allowed (tridacna, most crabs, etc.).
check my website. I have a decent, not-too-unusual collection.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back