Corals in the limelight: Are you happy with your lighting?

Are you happy with your lighting?

• Yes, I am very happy with my lighting.

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Yes, I am mostly happy with my lighting.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I have mixed feelings about my lighting.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I am not happy with my lighting.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Corals in the limelight: Are you happy with your lighting?

Our satisfaction of the lights over our tank is not always directly related to the cost of the lights. While more expensive lights may perform well, and we may choose to resign ourselves to lower performance results if we have less expensive lights, this is not always the case. After struggling to find a satisfactory nano light, I recently added a Pico LED light from Reef Breeders for both a small saltwater and a freshwater tank. While they are reasonably priced, I am very pleased with their performance. It is also possible for us to select very nice lights, but not be pleased with them because they aren’t the best light for our situation. Regardless of what you paid for your tank lighting or what the retail price was for the lights, are you happy with your lighting?

Takahashi_ROTM2.jpeg

Photo by @Andre_Takahashi; Reef of the Month January 2024 (https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/reef-...4-andre-takahashis-mesmerizing-sps-scape.950/)

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.worldwidecorals.com

WWCBanner.png

“We differentiate ourselves from other vendors by offering our customers full transparency into our facility and practices. Setting the industry standard for shipping techniques, accurate high-quality photos, hard to find corals, and customer service. For some hobbyists buying live coral online can seem like a risky endeavor. At WWC our staff takes the worry out of the equation by culturing extremely healthy corals, giving you a hassle-free guarantee, and providing you with a full online customer service team to ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.”

SWFT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still trying to dial in my blaze x120. Too much light causes algae growth while too little makes the coral grumpy. There’s not a lot of info (on this forum) on illumagic blaze x120 which makes it hard for me to dial it in without a par meter.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran halides/T5 for years. Switched to 16hd's on a nano and never looked back as I converted everything to led.
Ran xr15 gen5's next on an 80.
Still have them for another project.
I have T5's and 1 150 watt halide left but they will just collect dust in the garage.
Will be running 2 reerbreeder 50's on my IM 170.
Overall very happy with the results and looking forward the the new setup.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have hybrid T5 and 32HD combo over my 100g. I've always wanted to try ReefBreeders or a G5\6 Pro (with T5's) to see if my corals liked them better. Expensive to make such a change though.

thumbnail_20210504_213521.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.1%
Back