Moving to rochester hills soon

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to a job relocation I will be moving to rochester hills in June. I will of course be setting up a large reef tank. Just wanted to get some info from the local reefers :). First- what lfs do you shop from? I know cherry in Livonia and will be in there when I can, however it's an hour away from me. Second- what store gives the best value on equipment? In Columbus there are great stores.. But then there's one that charges 330$ for a coral life 220 skimmer. And third- does anyone have any experience with Great Lakes aquariums? One of my lfs told me they were terrible. But others have said otherwise. Thanks in advance.

ridburton061

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a shop in waterford not to far from Rochester. Maybe 20 mins. A couple more in Warren which is maybe 20-30 mins away. One in royal oak i think also. Ive on been to the shop in waterford cause its 2 mins from my house.

micromount

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Lakes aquariums- now only making and selling aquariums. I have bought several different tanks from them.

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome buckeye lol, well Great Lakes is great if your looking for a tank under 400 gallons, they will do a lot, they use good glass and great silicone, but they don't sell fish supplies, u have Kees and oceans and seas that are decent, also u might have aquatic discoveries in Rochester.... Trades shows are best for corals, and I get all my fish online :/

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back