Moving zoas from high light to low

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a month ago I had to move some happily growing zoa frags from the bottom of the tank due to a dino outbreak. The only place I could put them was near the top in much brighter light. Now they are all thriving and doing better than ever, but can't stay there forever. Will there be issues moving them right back to the bottom? There aren't any areas in the middle to acclimate them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
About a month ago I had to move some happily growing zoa frags from the bottom of the tank due to a dino outbreak. The only place I could put them was near the top in much brighter light. Now they are all thriving and doing better than ever, but can't stay there forever. Will there be issues moving them right back to the bottom? There aren't any areas in the middle to acclimate them.
Gradually bring them down IR do it during dark as they can adjust to ramping period

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont have to light acclimate them if theyre getting less light. You can drop them right on the bottom. Ive done it many times. You only need to really acclimate if increasing light. The only way they wont do well is if theres not enough light on the bottom to begin with

Tidal Gardens

Coral Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally speaking, you do not need to acclimate to lower light. You should be ok to put them back down at the bottom whenever you would like.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ime they survive no problem but may no longer thrive the way they were which i'm sure you're expecting.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 102 42.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 48.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.3%
Back