MP-10 Ceramic Shaft

Acro Junky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2014
Messages
1,373
Reaction score
2,550
Location
california
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone been able to locate this white shaft online to buy?

My spare has a crack and I would like to pull off this shaft to repair it.

Best option I have found is buying the EcoTech lower part that has the O ring etc base.

Any help? Not interested in doing the tube fix or the Bic pen option.
IMG_1241.jpeg
 
By default that shaft is supposed to be fused with the lower frame. So I doubt they sell just the shaft as a lose shaft would indicate it’s broken away from the frame.
 
Anyone been able to locate this white shaft online to buy?

My spare has a crack and I would like to pull off this shaft to repair it.

Best option I have found is buying the EcoTech lower part that has the O ring etc base.

Any help? Not interested in doing the tube fix or the Bic pen option.
IMG_1241.jpeg
Curious, how long did you run this before the shaft cracked? I just replaced mine and the shaft cracked in the exact same spot as yours.
 
Curious, how long did you run this before the shaft cracked? I just replaced mine and the shaft cracked in the exact same spot as yours.
I bought it used, so it was a 2022 manufacture date. I only noticed it when I went to clean it. It still works fine but obviously this won’t be a good long term use.
 
I haven’t had any of mine crack but just an idea. Potentially the ceramic could be replaced with a titanium sleeve of the same od/id of the ceramic. From a quick google search guessing od/id looks like it would cost about the same as buying the replace bottom assembly….
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new