Mp10qd keeps falling off

ciscomania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just changed my powerhead to 2 mp10qd from maxspect gyre that stopped working after just 1 year of use in my 55g tank. I love the look of having no wires in the tank but the dang thing wont stay put. It seems to stay put if I don't have it running higher than 60% but anything higher then it hits the floor. And this happens to both of them. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a specific way to attach it to the wetside so it stays put even when using full power?

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How thick is your glass and did you contact their customer service?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're only rated for a max 10mm glass thickness. How thick is your tank glass?

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a rubber cover on the dry side you can take off but in theory it shouldn't be falling off if its a standard 55g, even with the spacer/cover thing. I run mine on a 1/2" thick 20 gallon and it only stays on by the grace of zip ties connected to those sticker brackets they send along. Are you using those? Make sure its lined up right. You can tell if its off because it will make more noise.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the mp10 come with spacers for the wet side? I've never used one. I use mp40s which have multiple spacers for different thicknesses of glass. And I know if use the wrong spacer it usually doesn't end well.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%

Back