Mp40 foam guards..

NicksMixedReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2015
Messages
432
Reaction score
151
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know a cheaper route to go? It's so expensive to replace them every two weeks. Not sure why they cost $12.

Thanks!
 
I've never used the foam coverings. Why do you use them? I would think they would be detritus traps.
 
And is the anemone still on the move? My anemone moved about the first two days in the tank.....walked the full length of the tank and found it's happy spot and never moved again.
 
No, it's stopped moving the first day it was in the tank. I'm a pretty cautious person is the reason I still have them on. Better safe than sorry :P
 
I say u should be ok to remove them but if you have to leave them on just wash them out, put them back on and bingo! :)
 
I personally don't use them and also have an anemone in my tank. If you choose to continue using them, do as others have recommended and just rinse them out. Good Luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new