Mp40 on lowest setting in a 10g?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shiftline
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shiftline

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2015
Messages
462
Reaction score
397
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a MP40QD sitting in a box waiting for a future build.. I was thinking of picking up a little 10g to hold frags for now.. would the MP40 destroy the poor tank on the lowest setting or would it be okay? Everywhere lists the max flow.. but whats the minimum?
 
I wouldn't do that. In a 10g your poor corals would get way too much flow. They recommend a 50g tank minimum.
 
Even on the lowest possible setting? Rats. I was worried about that!
 
I'll be getting a second one eventually. Was just hoping to put it to use in the mean time. Was worth a try. I guess the koralia nano it is
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new