mp40

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so after 2 months im setting up my brand new red sea reefer 750xxl i have 4 mp40 quiet drives but as far as the spacers dont know which one 2 does anyone know will appreciate the help

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you only need the thin gasket. Also make sure that you have the pump powered off anytime you place or remove the wetside or you could damage it. I superglued the little black clips to my tank above the dryside also because the sticky tape doesn't hold and if your dryside hits the floor its over. Ask me how I know, ha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THEM I HAVE 2 OLD N 2 NEW MP 40S DONT KNOW WHERE IN PLACED THE SPACERS

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the two new ones you stick the dry gasket onto the dryside. On the older models you will pull the pin spacer off the dryside and only use the dry gasket also.

spacer.jpg
They sell them on their store.

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MINES ARE NOT LIKE THOSE THE ARE LESS THAN A YEAR OLD AND THE OTHER 2 ARE 2 MONTHS OLD

VA5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That may be too much wave power for the tank. I can’t imagine you’ll need more than 2 unless you have them all set very low (25% or less).
Those MP40s move a ton of water.
Also on the package inserts it will tell you what spacers to glass thickness

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That may be too much wave power for the tank. I can’t imagine you’ll need more than 2 unless you have them all set very low (25% or less).

I run 3 on my 750xxl and I have them turned up to 100% and also have my M1 return pump turned up to 100% with two vca rfg nozzles. This is on a sps tank. I'm going to be adding another one soon.

These are six foot tanks. Actually two mp60's would have been perfect but I like being able to direct the flow in the front and back of the tank.

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I actually don’t even use the gasket with 3/4”. I use a few strips of double sided tape to keep the dryside from twisting. 3/4” is pushing it for the MP40.

VA5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 9 foot tank, and for acros maybe full blast but everything else recedes past 60% and fish seem to have difficulty swimming (I do have smaller fish with yellow / purple tangs being the largest)

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok So as far as placement where would I put them 2 on each side? This will be a sps dominant tank

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also on the package inserts it will tell you what spacers to glass thickness

I run 6 MP40’s on my 140g and my SPS love it...... Bare-Bottom though

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WHERE DO I PLACE THE MP40S

You can do one on each end and one on the back on each side of the overflow box like ecotech recommends. Personally I would rather have two on each end. You can see them in my video above. I use the same sand and keep it vacuumed and stirred. I add a 20lb bag of caribsea live sand about every 12 months to replace the amount that gets accidentally vacuumed out. I just added a bag today after cleaning the tank.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back