Mp40wes qd problem.

  • Thread starter Thread starter cginter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cginter

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2013
Messages
802
Reaction score
173
Location
iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I try to sync my two mp40s together making one master and one slave, the second unit after reset and selecting the master, I go to press the set button (to make it the slave). It'll blink blue and yellow once then straight to blue/red. From there it will not let me do anything until I unplug the unit.

I've watched a few videos but still couldn't get it figured out, let one what the blinking blue/red led means.

Any help would be great, thanks.
 
Kind of sounds like they are seeing each other. Just engage Ecotech. Their support has been very good for me.
 
Red/blue is a misc communication error. Have you tried moving the drivers closer together?


The driver as in the (dry side) or the controller. I've moved the controllers right by each other, haven't tried the dry sides. I came home to one unit (the Slave) on a solid white led and was not spinning. I cleared both mp's and then tried to re sync them and that's when this problem started. I'm running both now, there jus not working together for some reason.
 
The driver as in the (dry side) or the controller. I've moved the controllers right by each other, haven't tried the dry sides. I came home to one unit (the Slave) on a solid white led and was not spinning. I cleared both mp's and then tried to re sync them and that's when this problem started. I'm running both now, there jus not working together for some reason.
Quick call to Ecotech should/could fix your troubles
 
The driver as in the (dry side) or the controller. I've moved the controllers right by each other, haven't tried the dry sides. I came home to one unit (the Slave) on a solid white led and was not spinning. I cleared both mp's and then tried to re sync them and that's when this problem started. I'm running both now, there jus not working together for some reason.
driver = controller
Try clearing the memory on both and then re-sync, master and slave.
 
Yes driver = controller. Sorry, should have made that clearer.

I have 9 Eco pumps, a mix of 40's and 10's between 3 tanks all linked together. My experience, you need to really be careful and do the steps exactly how they're listed. Mine were all linked together, then I programmed them all as slaves to my Profilux controller. If something goes wrong reset all of them and start over from the beginning. Also, if you have other Eco pumps running, like on a different tank, make sure the power is disconnected from those before you start the programming sequence on the others.
 
Thanks for all the advice. After calling them we came to the conclusion that it was an internal problem and needed to be sent in, I took it apart quick and realized that the rf module wasn't connected fully. Problem solved.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new