Mp40wqd deiver replacement question

Braunreffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently messed up my mp40wqd driver by cleaning it with alchohol, it molten down and some of the molten coat got inside ruining it.

I was looking in ecotech for a replacement and the driver notes mark "rf module not included"

The site says as well any item marked with w comes with wifi connection.

I sent some mails to support with no answer, and oppened my ****** up driver and no wireless module found, anyone knows what do i have to purchase from ecotech to fix my vortech??

Thanks for the help

Steve180

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the arrow is the rf chip

D4044AD0-9566-41CC-B293-1640DCD56B65.jpeg

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope no wifi chip on that card. Top left corner where the 2 pin connectors are, is where it should be located.

Did the W on the case light up when it did work?

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You're module is missing. You can purchase one from Ecotech or Saltwater Aquarium. Does the cover on your driver have a "W" in the upper right hand corner?

OP
OP
Braunreffer

Braunreffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're module is missing. You can purchase one from Ecotech or Saltwater Aquarium. Does the cover on your driver have a "W" in the upper right hand corner?
It does, thats what i dont u derstand quite well, as in ecotech spareparts store cant find rf module for mp40 kust mp10.. is a mess

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the chip still in the case?

The do not list it on the driver board, because it an addon, and with the upgrade option(MP40WWD - MP40WQD) you should already have the chip.

In their store, if you go to "Upgrades" the RF module is listed and it's not an MP10 only item. All W models have this chip already installed.

OP
OP
Braunreffer

Braunreffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it with reeflink, and connectes as you see in the picture, thats why im confused, as the website you can read everything witha w at name is wireless and the mp60wqd dri er doesnt have the rf module leyend on it...

I guess i will ask it all to be sure, 50 box more though

OP
OP
Braunreffer

Braunreffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the chip still in the case?

The do not list it on the driver board, because it an addon, and with the upgrade option(MP40WWD - MP40WQD) you should already have the chip.

In their store, if you go to "Upgrades" the RF module is listed and it's not an MP10 only item. All W models have this chip already installed.
There is the w

Screenshot_20200119-150228_WhatsApp.jpg

OP
OP
Braunreffer

Braunreffer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was new when i got it, just cleaned and had the genius idea of cleaning it , well might have fallen off, and many people get into the office, so i guess should be there or lost...

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With mobius around the corner, you'll want one anyway. Even some of the early QDs with the green wifi chips may not work with mobius.
Interesting as ecotech's store front just says that a new one may arrive as a green or black board. Does not specify if newer board are black, and older are green.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 66 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back