• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

MP40wQD replacement or Upgrade driver (model MP052)PLUS Driver mount - New In Box

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
New tank is setup and there will be many items I will no longer need. This is a new In Box driver and can be used to upgrade driver for your non-QD model.

**Please note Price is firm so don't waste your time or mine with offers. Im getting, as many are. .. hit by low ballers and I did not get this for less. I'm already taking a hit- So, Price WILL be FIRM. Driver alone Was $80 from BRS. The mount is included as pictured below and included with price.

Shipped for $84 for both

** Driver upgrade or replacement for the VorTech pumps from EcoTech. Convert your VorTech EcoSmart controlled pumps to the latest in noise-reduction technology with the QuietDrive driver! Also can be used to replace a damaged or faulty driver on your VorTech QuietDrive.

Features:
Controllability - 6+ available operational modes including Auto-Tune, Feed Mode, and Night Mode
  • Quiet - Up to 90% less motor noise
  • Compatability - Wireless models communicate with existing WWD and wireless EcoSmart pumps, and are fully compatible with EcoSmart Live via the ReefLink

What's in the box?

• QuietDrive face plate
  • QuietDrive back plate
  • QuietDrive board
  • Velcro mounting tape
  • Assembly hardware
  • QuietDrive control knob

Special Note: Replacement Drivers do not include wireless chip. Must use wireless chip from old driver, or purchase separately.

ecotech_vortech_opgrade_oceanreef.dk.jpg

300285_mp40ugd.jpg

Driver_mount_2-1024x725.png

nly04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I need to get a new power supply for this QD driver? I have one MP40wes and want to upgrade but my mp40wes has the 24V poer supply.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do I need to get a new power supply for this QD driver? I have one MP40wes and want to upgrade but my mp40wes has the 24V poer supply.
You would transfer everything from your old to the new one. I believe there is video on You tube. Super easy to make the switch

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For what it's worth.....

I just got 2 new drivers, mostly because one of my drivers died completely, and I figured "why not upgrade the other so both match colors and see if it's any quieter" I read reviews and to be completely honest, it sounds like a bunch of people justifying their purchases to themselves..... louder powerhead is certainly an older wet-side, or perhaps something in the dry-side going bad.....

NOPE..... I replaced the non-working, and the other working non-QD drivers with my 2 new ones the day I got them in the mail..... HOLY COW..... my MP40's are completely silent now..... I had to replace the non-working one anyways, but I am so glad I replaced both with the QD version. Get this..... the difference is very noticeable.

nly04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you need to repalce the power supply or keep using the old power supply from the WES?

For what it's worth.....

I just got 2 new drivers, mostly because one of my drivers died completely, and I figured "why not upgrade the other so both match colors and see if it's any quieter" I read reviews and to be completely honest, it sounds like a bunch of people justifying their purchases to themselves..... louder powerhead is certainly an older wet-side, or perhaps something in the dry-side going bad.....

NOPE..... I replaced the non-working, and the other working non-QD drivers with my 2 new ones the day I got them in the mail..... HOLY COW..... my MP40's are completely silent now..... I had to replace the non-working one anyways, but I am so glad I replaced both with the QD version. Get this..... the difference is very noticeable.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you need to repalce the power supply or keep using the old power supply from the WES?

I literally just unscrewed the old driver to remove/unhook the cable from that board, took off the wireless chip/board from the old one too, and plugged it into the new driver. Same wet-side, dry-side, power-supply etc.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I literally just unscrewed the old driver to remove/unhook the cable from that board, took off the wireless chip/board from the old one too, and plugged it into the new driver. Same wet-side, dry-side, power-supply etc.
Yes- that simple

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Bump

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
SOLD

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back