MP60 on a Red Sea Peninsula 500

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Muran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hallo :)

i bought recently two used MP40 for my Peninsula and i did not got them to stick on the glas. No matter how i turned them as soon as i powered it on the wetside felt off. After calling the customer service they said that the MP40 is for 19mm glas and it might not fit on the Peninsula plus if the previous owner let it fall on the floor the magnet looses power.

Ok so far so good, i ordered two brand new MP60 which should work on glas up to 26mm (The Peninsula has 20mm on the overflow side) but its exactly the same as with the MP40.
I put on the "thin spacer" put the wetside into the tank and adjust the dryside against it, and there its already not really holding very strong. Then i plugin the controllers and the dryside starts shaking like crazy and the wetside falls off.

I tryd to adjust the wetside clockwise and left/right while the dryside was running to see if it would stick but no go.

So is any Peninsula user running the MP60 and give me some hints ? Or maybe Ecotech can point me in the right directions otherwise i return them tomorrow and go for another brand.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use mp40s on my WaterBox peninsula and have not had this issue. I usually place the dry side on the tank and let the wet side slide into place. It is usually matched up evenly.

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
40912163-4A3A-4CBA-8587-DF3210C85156.jpeg
Good point. I never use a spacer. No matter the thickness.
Your mp40 should be fine may be the thicker spacer is on take it off and it should stick. I have a 3/4" acrylic peninsula tank and I have no problem. The key is you have to use the cable holder and attach the power cord to it so it can support the weight of the dry side.

OP
OP
M

Muran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which spacer do you use for the MP40 ? Mine came only with one plastic cap and i think thats the wrong one. Can i use the MP40 without the spacer ? I tryd that with no success

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which spacer do you use for the MP40 ? Mine came only with one plastic cap and i think thats the wrong one. Can i use the MP40 without the spacer ? I tryd that with no success
Since you bought used items odds are you didn't get all the parts. Get on the phone to Ecotech and order the correct pieces for your application.

Here is the set up Video

Last edited:
Back