OP
M

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid the membership and fee using my debit card on file so the club didn't get shortchanged, but it was there for me. Didn't used to be either..my account is over 10 years old.

I sending another 5 over.

Edit:

Paypal made a slight variation to their policy. No fee is from your checking account, a fee is charged now if you use debit...used to be only credit card.

Not a big deal at all, just figured it would be nice for folks to know how to avoid the fee. Policy is below.

Free when the money comes from PayPal balance or bank account.
2.9% + $0.30 USDwhen the money comes from a debit or credit card or PayPal Credit
(the sender decides who pays this fee).

Yes they do charge fees if you are not paying via a bank account and instead are using a credit card to fund your paypal acct. So good call Andy. For those paying via credit card, just do it normally and the club will pay the fees.
This makes sense. Someone has to pay the x% that the credit card company charges its vendors.

I normally pay via bank acct or balance when I gift someone :D so never seen that.

Last edited:

undercontrolj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought that the dues were going back to the way they were which was 20 dollars per person but 5 dollars for every additional family member? At least that was what was said in the frag swap thread. Either way just want to know exactly what to pay

orthokardia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
send paypal as gift so the 3% wont be taken out?

I would like the BOD to seriously consider if we want to be the kind of club that screws someone who provides a valuable service to save <$1.00. I realize that marking payments as a gift is a common practice, but dues are not a gift so marking dues as a gift is fraud. I know MTRC is a great group of people and expect the sending as a gift just has not been carefully considered. I do not think anyone would consciously want to be dishonest.

-bart

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like the BOD to seriously consider if we want to be the kind of club that screws someone who provides a valuable service to save <$1.00. I realize that marking payments as a gift is a common practice, but dues are not a gift so marking dues as a gift is fraud. I know MTRC is a great group of people and expect the sending as a gift just has not been carefully considered. I do not think anyone would consciously want to be dishonest.

-bart

Anyone that wants to avoid these charges taken from the club can pay with a check, Sent to Rick (mixer911) PM him for the correct mailing adress
Thanks in advance
Bill

OP
OP
M

mixer911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought that the dues were going back to the way they were which was 20 dollars per person but 5 dollars for every additional family member? At least that was what was said in the frag swap thread. Either way just want to know exactly what to pay

This was decieded last year in Feb at the meeting and voted on by the BOD that the yearly membership donation is $20 for single and $30 for familys. It is on the MTRC.org website also if you go to application page. The $5 fee is for the swap admission for family members of a member.

-bart

Technically thats incorrect Bart. We are classified as a non-profit organization, so all club "dues" are actually donations. So technically we need to resetup the paypal payment structure to allow donations, which have NO fees. Since prev BODs had set the paypal up many years ago, the club has been paying the paypal fees, when we should not have been. I am working on changing how that works now. It is really something we never really thought about. Yes sending as a gift is not really correct either, it allow us to recieve donations as "Gifts". Or like bill said, just mail a check, which will work also.

Rick

OP
OP
M

mixer911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically thats incorrect Bart. We are classified as a non-profit organization, so all club "dues" are actually donations. So technically we need to resetup the paypal payment structure to allow donations, which have NO fees. Since prev BODs had set the paypal up many years ago, the club has been paying the paypal fees, when we should not have been. I am working on changing how that works now. It is really something we never really thought about. Yes sending as a gift is not really correct either, it allow us to recieve donations as "Gifts". Or like bill said, just mail a check, which will work also.

Rick

Actually, I am wrong Bart. I contacted Paypal about this and there is still a 2.9% + $0.30 fee for donations via paypal. So Bart is correct in that we need to use the standard payment option for paying your dues via paypal.

Rick

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As there seems to be some confusion about being a paid member as we change the Swap Date and Dues to coincide with the swap. Yearly dues will be from Swap date to swap date or basically from April to April, So this year you are expected to pay your dues by April 2012 no later than the 14th which is tha day of the swap.
Until that time your 2011 dues will cover your extended period, If you were not a paid member in 2011 this does not apply to you and to recieve club benefits you must join before you can recieve any of the said benifits. This is a one year conversion and will only effect us this one time, Hope this clears things up a bit for all.
Thanks in advance
Bill

OP
OP
M

mixer911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also just to make it clear anyone who wants to Vote for the upcoming 2012 BOD Elections, you need to be paid by the time the elections commence Feb 12 to March 12.

OP
OP
M

mixer911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your good Brandon!

Just a reminder that Nominations and voting will start at this months meeting on Feb 12, 2012!!!!! You must be a PAID member to be nominated or to Vote!! Also will have a few nice door prizes available and you also must be a current member to recieve one :). hint hint

OP
OP
M

mixer911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a mamber but dropped out for about a year, do I need to fill out another application or just pay the dues?
Thanks

I should have you on file as long as it was in the last 5 yrs and nothing has changed. Just pay the dues and i will let you know if I need anything else.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 74 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back