Status
Not open for further replies.

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its nominations time here in Middle Tennessee. Normally nominations are in February and elections in March but due to discussions and votes taken at meetings earlier in the year the nominations are now in November and elections taking place in December. The current BoD will stay on and help direct the new BoD and finish up with BoD requirements in February and finish up the swap.

These are the new terms that are in our Constitution:

Section 2 Elections shall take place in the month of December prior to the election year. The newly elected officers shall assume office immediately following the results of the election. The exiting BoD will stay on and help the new BoD until the month of Febuary but are still responsible for swap duties. Nominations for officers shall take place in the month of November prior to the election year. The President will ascertain from the Secretary and Treasurer that all those nominated are qualified to run for office in accordance with the bylaws of this organization.

Section 3 Only members in good standing who have attended at least 3 (three) meetings (excluding the swap and only one meeting at the LFS) in the current calendar year are eligible for office.

Section 4 Only members in good standing are entitled to vote at the annual elections as stated under the bylaws of this organization.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No nominations = no elections = no MTRC folks... Think about it!

My nominations are as follows:

Mike Hanson - President
Connie Hanson @ConnieHanson - Vice President
Richard Winston @Bowin - Treasurer
Trina Jenkins - Secretary

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I don't have a say so as I am not a paid member... but I believe it should stay the same as it is now. I think you guys have done a better job than any in the past 2-3 years. I know you guys are discouraged but I don't think the lack of participation is because of the BOD.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I don't have a say so as I am not a paid member... but I believe it should stay the same as it is now. I think you guys have done a better job than any in the past 2-3 years. I know you guys are discouraged but I don't think the lack of participation is because of the BOD.
Thank you for your input Paul.

fishdoc11

It's a hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also of the opinion that the current board has done an excellent job. I have noticed how much more organized things are and little things like the newsletter etc...have been nice. Due to lack of participation on my part I don't really know a lot of the active members right now so I can't really nominate new people but I can say I think the current BOD has done an excellent job. Of course this is contingent on if the current BOD wants to carry over responsibilities. I hope to at least be more active on the board since I seem to have gotten the bug again.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also of the opinion that the current board has done an excellent job. I have noticed how much more organized things are and little things like the newsletter etc...have been nice. Due to lack of participation on my part I don't really know a lot of the active members right now so I can't really nominate new people but I can say I think the current BOD has done an excellent job. Of course this is contingent on if the current BOD wants to carry over responsibilities. I hope to at least be more active on the board since I seem to have gotten the bug again.
Thanks for the reply.

Bowin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I am honored, I regrettably must decline on your vote of confidence Ryan. With a hectic schedule of managing and teaching at my steadily growing school I would be an unreliable choice for the position. I agree that our current BOD is top notch and have hopes that we can bend the rules and allow those that are willing to continue their service on 2016.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nominations are as follows:

President: Ryan (schooleyosis)
VP: Nate (Volitans67)
Treasurer: John F
Sec: Trina

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the nomination and kind thoughts but at this time I will have to decline any nomination/position for the 2016 year. I will stay on the team to continue planning and fulfill my duties for planning and hosting the frag swap for 2016. I will help the new BOD as much as needed to get them on their feet and running.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the nomination and kind thoughts but at this time I will have to decline any nomination/position for the 2016 year. I will stay on the team to continue planning and fulfill my duties for planning and hosting the frag swap for 2016. I will help the new BOD as much as needed to get them on their feet and running.

Well, that's disappointing. You've been great on this years BoD you have been the driving force behind it. Your contributions will be missed by the club and the next BoD.

ConnieHanson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i really think the present BOD has done an awesome job of pulling this club back together and giving it some direction. Just seems like you should be the ones to stay. I know we as in Mike and I will be give support this year. Just hate to see a good BOD leave with so much good things they have started and still working on.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that's disappointing. You've been great on this years BoD you have been the driving force behind it. Your contributions will be missed by the club and the next BoD.

I appreciate the kind words but think its time for some new folks to step up. We've laid down a good foundation for them to pick up and run with.

i really think the present BOD has done an awesome job of pulling this club back together and giving it some direction. Just seems like you should be the ones to stay. I know we as in Mike and I will be give support this year. Just hate to see a good BOD leave with so much good things they have started and still working on.

Thank you for your reply Connie. I need to ask if you do or do not accept the nominations that you and Mike were nominated for?

novajohn01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also love to see current BOD stay,yall have done a great job,thank yall for doin a great job

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The current BoD isn't coming back, I can't speak for the others who haven't replied here but Ryan has already decided and announced he is stepping away.

Now is the time, if people don't step up and accept nominations and actually nominate some people this maybe the end. The writing is on the wall folks.

ConnieHanson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will accept our nominations but want to put others in the mix as well.
Here are my nominations

Mike Hanson Pres.
Jimmy Sumners V Pres
Cindy Gannon Sec.
Richard Winson Treas

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mhanson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon - President
Jimmy Sumner vice president
Luis Sanchez treasure
Cindy Ganon secretary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back