"Mulm" in a Reef tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The Mulm question was just raised on an Aussie FB page. So I have resurrected this thread.
I have read the best food for culturing pods is detritus. So I guess Mulm would be good to add to a culture?
 
The Mulm question was just raised on an Aussie FB page. So I have resurrected this thread.
I have read the best food for culturing pods is detritus. So I guess Mulm would be good to add to a culture?
Not really- when disturbed can cause issues with water quality. Its like a mud and detritus is an ingredient- not the makeup of mulm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new