Multiple Blue Line Angels in the same tank?

Jerry Barnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you had multiple Blue Line angels in the same tank? Its my favorite angel so I picked one up from NY Aquatic a couple weeks back. Its perfect but small so I have it in a softie tank letting it grow. Thinking about a second one but not sure if they will squabble if I do that. They are tiny, under 2 inches. Thanks, Jerry.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you had multiple Blue Line angels in the same tank? Its my favorite angel so I picked one up from NY Aquatic a couple weeks back. Its perfect but small so I have it in a softie tank letting it grow. Thinking about a second one but not sure if they will squabble if I do that. They are tiny, under 2 inches. Thanks, Jerry.
I actually have a pair in my 360 FOWLR but I purchased them together. Not sure how that would work for you??

OP
OP
J

Jerry Barnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know, I’m thinking of getting a second one let them grow out some before putting them in my 300.

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two from Poma Labs. They were from the same batch. They got along fine for a week and then one just started pounding the other. Ripped fins and body damage. I had to sell one off. They were about 2” long at the time and they were in a 75 gallon tank. I still have the one and it is a great addition to my 300 gallon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
J

Jerry Barnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two from Poma Labs. They were from the same batch. They got along fine for a week and then one just started pounding the other. Ripped fins and body damage. I had to sell one off. They were about 2” long at the time and they were in a 75 gallon tank. I still have the one and it is a great addition to my 300 gallon
Thankyou for the update. These are similar size and captive bred. There are about 20 of them in a single tank. Probably the more you have the less aggression you have.

Joj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 from pomalabs in an 80g for 2 years (2.5inches or so) and they never squabbled. Moved them to a 500 and they are still doing great ~4 inches now. Never squabbled. Very docile compared to any of my other large angels. They don’t swim together but don’t squabble either. I think you’ll be fine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back