Multiple Clown Pairs in a 100 gal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aaron186
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aaron186

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Messages
712
Reaction score
223
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this but figured I’d ask. I have a 100 gal SPS dominated display with 10 fish including a pair of black oscelaris clowns. I also have a nano with a pair of designer o clowns. I have 2 young kids now and can’t keep up with the second nano so I’m breaking it down. I love the look of the nano clowns. I tried to catch the black pair in the SPS tank with no luck and I’m not really able to remove the rock since it’s encrusted over and full of high end acros.

I’m gonna return the designer clowns I guess… but before I do…. Is there any chance of being able to keep 2 pairs of oscelaris clowns in my 100 gal tank? They are all about the same size.
 
My tank started off as a clown harem tank, started with 24ish I believe and has slowly come down to 5. Had to re-home a bunch, 2 pairs in a 100 gal should be fine, you will likely have a pair on each side and they should be just fine having those territory's.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new