Multiple Light Phases

  • Thread starter Thread starter LukeV
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LukeV

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
143
Reaction score
33
Location
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I've considered trying out multiple light phases throughout the day. In the past I've heard the idea of using different times of the day to make different lighting spectrums, one for coral growth, and one for visual appeal. My tank is running 2 Radions and 6 t5s, so I was thinking that I might switch out the t5s for bulbs with a low kelvin white color 8-10K and set my Radions to ramp up as a majority white color, and then have the t5s off and my Radions transition to a blue dominant color later in the day when I am home. Has anyone ever tried something like this? Opinions and/or opinions greatly appreciated
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new