Mushroom ID Please

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have this Mushroom growing and reproducing rapidly, but not sure what the name of it is. Anyone recognize what these are?

Also, I would like to reduce the amount I have and frag them or remove. Any questions on how to do so?
Thanks!

IMG_8489.jpg

OP
OP
J

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So these Mushrooms are the size of a nickel and don't seem to get any larger. Would they still be considered a Superman Rhodactis? Is that more of a generic term? Most of the photos I see are of much larger mushrooms whereas mine are all indentical in size...small.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So these Mushrooms are the size of a nickel and don't seem to get any larger. Would they still be considered a Superman Rhodactis? Is that more of a generic term? Most of the photos I see are of much larger mushrooms whereas mine are all indentical in size...small.
Nope. Not a Superman rhodactis. These are actually tonga bullseye rhodactis. I have the same ones, they are much smaller and cover a surface. They are super cool. I bought a rock of them about 6 months ago since true tonga bullseye aren't super common.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can “dig” into the substrate so the foot stays attached, it can be glued to the plug.

If you can’t, put in a small basket with substrate and it will re foot itself, then you can glue. IMG_1712.jpeg

SnazzyUrchin792

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not superman if they are that small. It was difficult to tell exactly how big they were based on the photo.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here is that rock I mentioned I got with exactly the same mushrooms. They are the size of a half dollar coin.
I’ll have to get a better shot and actually realize I need to flip it in the tank.
IMG_0350.jpeg

Here is the mushroom rock under actinics, but I have to move it to view the blue dot discosoma on it.
IMG_0354.jpeg

OP
OP
J

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is there an easy way to get these off the current rock structure so I can control the spread, frag them, etc? They are small and seems very difficult to remove them from their current location. Any tricks on how to do that?

Tub Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a razor, bone cutters, side cutters, chisel, and chip at the rock just under the foot of the mushroom.
This way you do not injure the mushroom and you get a thin piece of rubblestill attached to the mushroom.
Now you can easily glue it down onto a frag plug.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back