Mushroom ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Apotack
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Apotack

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Messages
986
Reaction score
309
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to ID this mushroom. The colors in the photos is a little off. In person the colors are a little brighter and deeper. I been told it’s possibly a doghboy or beanbag .

IMG_3480.jpeg
IMG_3457.jpeg
I’m trying to ID this mushroom. I been told it’s possibly a doghboy or beanbag .
 
Can I buy two of these
 
Really nice-looking mushrooms — they do resemble beanbag/doughboy types to me, but ID from photos can be tricky. If having an exact trade name/lineage matters (for your records or future trading), I’d ask the original source/seller what they were sold as and whether there’s any lineage info. Otherwise, I’d just enjoy them — great find!
 
Really nice-looking mushrooms — they do resemble beanbag/doughboy types to me, but ID from photos can be tricky. If having an exact trade name/lineage matters (for your records or future trading), I’d ask the original source/seller what they were sold as and whether there’s any lineage info. Otherwise, I’d just enjoy them — great find!
Thanks, I bought them years ago that store I long closed. I’m looking to sell some so I’m trying to get an idea of what a fair price is.
 
Pics with the right color would really help. To ID these as a doughboys would be kinda criminal if they turn out not to be.
The colors are pretty close in the pictures. In person they are more vibrant. It’s orange and black with a green mouth
 
without lineage being tracked and receipts i would call it "doughboy like" or "possible variant".
 
without lineage being tracked and receipts i would call it "doughboy like" or "possible variant".
This is what I was intending to do. I just wanted to make sure it could be considered to be doughboy like before I called it that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new