Mushroom Problems

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I have 2 small green rhodactis shrooms that won't attach to a rock. Tried glue, putting it in a box with rubble for a few days... nothing. They just fall to the bottom and curl up. Is there any hope? They originally came off of a larger rock and it seems they left a small green blob of tissue behind. Will that grow into a new mushroom?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I have 2 small green rhodactis shrooms that won't attach to a rock. Tried glue, putting it in a box with rubble for a few days... nothing. They just fall to the bottom and curl up. Is there any hope? They originally came off of a larger rock and it seems they left a small green blob of tissue behind. Will that grow into a new mushroom?
attaching mushrooms to rocks is HARD

what finally worked for us was a refugium box in display tank that enabled us to reduce flow to near zilch/zero. We put several small rocks covering bottom. We put mushrooms on top of rocks. We prayed. When mushroom would drift off rock, we would put back up on rock pile. Eventually we got our mushroom to attach to small rock. Small rock with mushroom attached was then glued to larger rock in tank (glue small rock to large rock, since gluing mushroom directly to larger rock never worked)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back