Mushroom propagation

Purple Platapus

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2015
Messages
96
Reaction score
27
Location
Vancouver, B.C.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I have a big rhodactis mushroom I might wanna split. Problem is, it just isn't dropping any babies. I see that some people cut their mother shrooms, but how do you do that? Here is a picture of the shroom in question.
20150903_193642.jpg
 
Just use a sharp blade and cut thru it. Important to make sure each half has part of the foot firmly attached to the rock or whatever it was attaching to. I cut it all the way to the rock then use a clipper to snap the rock. Then quick dip in iodine solution and throw back in the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new