MXM notification of MP40 disconnection - how to enable?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ConsummatePro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand there is a way to be notified if your MP40’s lose connection to the MXM module.

I have two MP40s successfully attached to my MXM. I have also added these statements to my email alarm: the MP40s are named as noted. The “Apex” name is what auto fills if I type “Ap”

If Error Apex Then ON
If Error MP40-Left Then ON
If Error MP40-Right Then ON

Running Apex AOS 5.11 6A23
WXM firmware software version 1.0 in Fusion, Mobius revision 255.255, Radio KW41, Radio 1.0.3, Radio boot loader 1.6.0. When I installed the MXM it did not mention any new firmware download.

I stress tested this by shutting the power off to an MP40.

It took maybe 10 minutes but the fusion dashboard for the relevant MP40 did show in red “missing” but I received NO error notification nor did the alarm icon indicate an error is active.

In Fusion the MXM module shows this text:

Status
(0,3,2)
MP40-Right(41) - Rev 1.4 Ser #: 78315904xxxxx - Missing-1
MP40-Left(41) - Rev 1.4 Ser #: 783159044xxxxx - OK-2

Am I doing this wrong?
Also what is the polling time expected before the MXM reports an MP40 to be missing?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I did some digging and I think the video you watched was a bit misleading. Currently you can't have an alert based on devices disconnecting from the mxm.
The If Error Apex Then ON statement will only send an alert if the module becomes disconnected.

OP
OP
C

ConsummatePro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I did some digging and I think the video you watched was a bit misleading. Currently you can't have an alert based on devices disconnecting from the mxm.
The If Error Apex Then ON statement will only send an alert if the module becomes disconnected.
Ah that’s good to know. I hope they fix this soon. Clearly Fusion can tell if the MP40 is disconnected so it should be doable to get a notification.

OP
OP
C

ConsummatePro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES, it does work! Turns out I originally named the EB832 power outlet “MP40-Left” (and Right) and when I added them via MXM, I named them the same - so I had an outlet and a pump with the same name. When programming the email-alert, the Apex was watching the first instances of those names - the power outlets, not the pumps.

I renamed the power outlet and re-entered the Email-alarm and indeed it works! Sorry for any confusion to others.

So as of right now it appears you need to specify each MXM-connected device with an “If error” statement to be notified of a wireless disconnection to the MXM module.

Thanks for your help @Sisterlimonpot !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back