My 120gal 4' reef re do

  • Thread starter Thread starter CraigG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hart, tanks been going for a year and a half now. It's getting hard to maintain kh almost crashed it a few weeks ago.
 
How do you keep the alk up now? Been happy with the starboard?
 
Hart, I use a geo calcium reactor exclusively for my ca and kh additions. The star board is nice. However, it's a bit pricey. I salvaged my star board from a old butcher shop. They stunk like rotten meat when I got them. A friend had a plainer so we took the top 1/8 off and they turned out perfect. Otherwise I'd have spent 200.00 for star board. So check out your local shops for discarded starboard and save! The health department makes them replace the board after they have been scored to deeply fyi.
 
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417758114.142083.jpg

A cool shot I filtered on Instagram
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new