My 20 gallon Nano stand

phillyb614

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my 20 gallon JBJ Cubey for several years. I did not want to spend the extra money on the stand for my tank that JBJ offered. I had my tank sitting on a store bought cabinet, that we had around the house, for a couple of years. So, I decided (since I’m a carpenter by trade) I was going to build a custom stand. I wish I would have taken pictures of the process, but unfortunately I didn’t. Here is the end result.

The drawer and door both have soft close hardware. The paint I used is made specifically for cabinets (it has a slight bit of oil in it to make it smoother and more durable). Every bit of this cabinet is made from either 3/4” birch or 3/4” poplar. It has extra supports in the middle to hold the weight.

Also, as you may have noticed, I ditched the factory lid/ light, and a pvc board frame at the top to mount my smaller global light in the back. I also wanted an open top tank. So, a win win for me.

Super pleased with the end result. I’ll try to add more picks of the interior etc. later on.

IMG_0284.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back