My 20g Reef Tank

Okay, i got myself a small long spined black urchin, a 6 head galaxea and a mussel (for free) last saturday i think. I just got to know how big these urchins get, luckily mine is still small but i would definitely have to rehome it in the future. Everything else seems to be doing good.
 
My hermit crab just died last week😔. I got a new hermit crab and a second trochus snail. The new hermit crab is waaayy better, scraping up all the hair algae.
 
A pic of the cleaner shrimp
 

Attachments

  • 20260219_172638.jpg
    20260219_172638.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 19
Wow! I havent been active in R2R for over a week! Well, im getting back now!

So i will start with an update for my tank. I lost my nem in a wavemajer accident😪.

But, for the good news! I got a new finger leather and a green hairy mushroom coral that just wouldnt stay put🤣.
 
Sorry about the nem, that’s a little frustrating
 
Sorry about the nem, that’s a little frustrating
Yeah, i know. I do have a tiny piece of the nem tissue that i have been keeping for over a month. The nem accident happenned quite sometime ago actually and i just wasnt active at that time.

But, i am focusing on whats left now. Looking foward to get a second toadstool and some zoas!
 
Time for a photo dump!
This is a full-tank-shot.
20260719_173743.jpg
These are just random photos of corals in my tank.😉
20260719_173859.jpg
20260719_173855.jpg
20260719_173851.jpg
Here is a GSP I bought...... i think over a month ago, im not sure. ⬇️
20260719_173904.jpg
This is my new Green Hairy Mushroom coral⬇️. It used to be on a rock but started to run around and seems to have settled on the sand, i am not sure if mushrooms are fine on sand but i tried putting it on rocks and it just keeps running off😅.
20260719_173910.jpg
And here is my beloved Orange Lip Conch.⬇️. He needs a bit of a shell scrub😅.
20260719_173942.jpg
 
Time for a photo dump!
This is a full-tank-shot.
20260719_173743.jpg
These are just random photos of corals in my tank.😉
20260719_173859.jpg
20260719_173855.jpg
20260719_173851.jpg
Here is a GSP I bought...... i think over a month ago, im not sure. ⬇️
20260719_173904.jpg
This is my new Green Hairy Mushroom coral⬇️. It used to be on a rock but started to run around and seems to have settled on the sand, i am not sure if mushrooms are fine on sand but i tried putting it on rocks and it just keeps running off😅.
20260719_173910.jpg
And here is my beloved Orange Lip Conch.⬇️. He needs a bit of a shell scrub😅.
20260719_173942.jpg
Honestly has a very natural look (never seen a reef in person myself) and I like that!
 
Okay, so i found out about the giveaway, and it gave me the excuse to update my build thread.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/💨...-tunze-equipment-valued-at-759-usd-💨.1167233/

I guess that is how you copy the link?

Anyways, i have added a bunch of photos to this post. I have gotten a nice neon green finger leather which then changed pink and, well, just kinda looks like the same finger leather i already have, but, i am not too bummed about it.

Pics below⬇️
20260903_182017.jpg
20260903_182029.jpg
20260903_182037.jpg
20260903_182051.jpg
20260903_182101.jpg
20260903_182114.jpg
20260903_182126.jpg

Most of the corals are closed up/not fully open because i just cleaned the tank.
 
I'm trying to be active in R2R, since i haven't been active very often. So i will try to keep my build thread a bit active. So yesterday night, i took these pictures. So, the tank lights are all off, this photos were taken about 40-50 minutes after the lights switched off. The tank wasnt pitch black, there were still a tiny bit of light in the tank due to my house lights not being fully switched off.

So here's my sea fan⬇️
20260904_084353.jpg

This is just some palythoas and stuff⬇️
20260904_084905.jpg

Here is a Green Hairy Mushroom coral⬇️
20260904_083546.jpg

These are some palythoas (up close) ⬇️
20260904_083642.jpg

This is my metallic GSP⬇️
20260904_083735.jpg

This is my Cabbage coral⬇️
20260904_083812.jpg

This is my feather duster worm⬇️
20260904_084207.jpg

And last but not least, this is my finger leather (its closed up)⬇️
20260904_084822.jpg


These photos were taken using my phone! I just used the pro mode in my phone's camera. The iso was 640, and the speed was 0.5 seconds.

I think i should've posted these photos on a new thread in a photography section. Maybe i might start a new thread in the photography section to post pictures of corals and stuff from my reef tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new