My 225 build

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all, I’ve started a new project. 225g acrylic shallow tank. Dimensions are 96x30x18 (LxWxH)

Any ways I’m building the stand from scratch and will be buying parts for this tank. Parts that came with the tank are a zero edge sump, AS21 seaside aquatics skimmer and two MP40s.

My wish list of parts include
4 radion XR30
2 Vortech battery back up
1 moduler marine 3000gph low profile over flow
2 COR20
1 apex WiFi controller.

1st is question is are these parts all compatible?
2nd question, Is there any thing else I should be thinking of?

I would like to get into a reef system but truly don’t have the know how or knowledge of what I would need.

As I set this tank up for you that might think I’ll go out and buy corals and frags and such I won’t. Not until the tank has been left running for at least 6 months as the refugium I plan on having will be stocked with pods and such. I plan on haveing a some what self sustained aquarium. My theory is start the tank from zero life and make it as best of a natural cycle as possible. This means letting critters grow and multiply before I add the next level of critters and so on and so on. All opinions are welcomed I encourage you guys to teach me something so I can go about a doing this the right way.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a great project. Would you like me to move this over to the members tank forum to serve as your build thread?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure thing please.

Moved it over. Follow the link below my signature to get your spiffy build thread contributor banner. Looking forward to watching this come together.

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So first things first is this stand I’m building.

The stand will be 96x30x34or38 (LxWxH)

The hight has yet to be determined as I’m stuck on how tall I actually want the tank and stand to be. I’m short so is my wife, the original stand put the tank at 6ft in height and let’s face it im 5’5 and she’s 5’0 I don’t want an elivator just to reach the top of my tank. But those two number put the tank around my height so it’s a win win.

The stand will be made of 4x4, 2x4 and 2x6. It will have 2 barn style doors and 2 hidden magnetic doors on the side. It will also boast a child safety device as I have an infant that will most likely be crawling here soon. I hope you guys will like it and I will post as many pictures as I can whilest I build the stand.

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I owe an apology, still plan on building this monster tank but due to work and my son it’s taking a lot longer then expected. Although I have managed to build a stand for the 55 gallon that’s just in a basic stand kind of way. I am using the sump and return pump meant for the 225g to kinda seed things and make sure everything is working right.

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
Although you guys can enjoy a picture of my 55g with a 40g sump lol.

Back