My 28g JBJ nanocube

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pictures!I think the cloves we are all talking about are Sympodium soft coral!They are supposed to be rare and hard to get.....I have a small fragemnt of it actully,I like it,grows slow for me though.

May I ask why you rare running a yellower light?Is it for more of a natural look?

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You rock Austin, they are sympodium! They are a very cool addition for sure.

The lighting on the tank is stock. It's a 105w quad 50/50 pc. It isn't as yellow in person. The camera is set to take pictures on the 65 with all the blue LED's and T5's so the whie balance is a bit off for pictures on the nano.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my little Sympodium!They are really cool to watch eat little BBS!

I see,I just thought it looked yellow,but I guess in person its not!Understandable,I have a sucky camera,and my 20 k's look like a 6500k in my camera...LOL

Nice looking tank!Glad your having good luck with the gorgs,Only kept 1-2 before,and they didnt like me to well!

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the gorgs for about 6 weeks now I guess. The yellow came in with most of the water gone from the bag. i am very urprised to see it looking so good. I really thought most of it would die off. These are the first gorgs I've tried to keep in about 7 years. I love how they look with their polyps out and hope they thrive for me. I'd like to share some frags with friends. :)

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya,I had one of the Yellow Fingure ones about 2-3 years ago,and I didnt like me to well at all,it had good PE and all,but I think i gave it to much flow,and my tank was all SPS,and it was being blasted,I moved it and I think I was to late,oh well,things happen.....

They look great in your system!

Whats your stocking plans?

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of trying a purple LTA like we discussed in the anemone thread but changed my mind. I most likely will add a RBTA if I add an anemone. I'd also like some leathers. Yellow fiji, green sinularia, and green polyped toadstool are on my wish list. I'll probably add some more frags of z's n p's from the 65. As far as fish, i'd like a pair of grade A ORA picasso's and a pair of yasha gobies with pistol shrimp.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice list,good luck on the RBTA,there have been a lot of the Japanese ones coming in lately,and they are one HOT anemone for sure!They are super deep red and have a really deep blood red,if not deeper then blood red color toward the base of each tentecal!

ORA A picassos are nice fish!I personly would go with grade A,often times its hard for me to tell the diffirence between the A's and B's,they are both really nice fish!

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that, your keeping the old tank right, or are you getting out al together?

solastsummer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look i know this is out of nowhere, but seeing all your sig all the time makes me want to show you this, one of my customers ordered these, thought i would make ya drool a little!

f2a72d25.jpg

Betroc2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank. Just one question. How do you open the lid of the tank with the skimmer tube so close to it? I plan on getting one of these for my tank if it works. Keep posting pic.:clap2:

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 44 26.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 40 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 41 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%

Back