My 29 gallon Petco Biocube build

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I got a STEAL on this tank figured I would do a build thread. It will be a quick build because I have a another biocube that I will be transferring into the new one.
This is the one I have running now.

It was a craigslist find. The girl was giving it away because the pump and the light didn't work. This was the halide version but the light was toast and could not be saved because the wires had been chewed through. So I bought a new pump and got it running. I made this make shift fixture to put some ikea LED lights on it to give it light. The current in habitants are a neon dottyback, 2 hermit crabs and a peppermint shrimp.
I will taking everything out of this but the sand and put it in the new tank.
This is the new tank

It's the CF version but I will most likely retrofit LEDS in it later. Now to go rinse the new sand I got for it. I will check back in later hope to have it set up and running tonight.

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the sand cleaned boy does that suck!!! Lol
Now time to breakdown the old and set up the new.

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well got it switched over. Little cloudy right now so I will take more pics tomorrow.
Tomorrows plans are transfer over some corals from my 90 and go pic up some Black/ white Clowns for it.

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New additions to the tank today. Pair of black/white clowns. I also added some corals from my 90. Will post a FTS shot when I get the new clowns in but here they are.

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some FTS.

Still got some more work on the setup to do but that will come later. Things that I will be adding are Coralife uv sterilzer, Jebao rw-4 wavemaker and retro fitting led's into the hood for better lighting options.

Jonathan blackwood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some FTS.

Still got some more work on the setup to do but that will come later. Things that I will be adding are Coralife uv sterilzer, Jebao rw-4 wavemaker and retro fitting led's into the hood for better lighting options.
I may have missed it, but how long has it been since you set it up and added livestock?? Just wondering because I started another tank recently wondering how yours is going? Looks great and healthy btw:)

OP
OP
Redneckreef90

Redneckreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have missed it, but how long has it been since you set it up and added livestock?? Just wondering because I started another tank recently wondering how yours is going? Looks great and healthy btw:)
The tank I transferred from had been running for 2 months. It was also a 29 gallon biocube but the halide version without a light. The corals came from my 90.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back