My 29 gallon tank

WnYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the beginning of October the fam and I had to move to a new apartment. One of my biggest tasks was the tank and prolly the most stress full of the entire move. I was able to move everything in the day before everything else and got it set up but kept all live stock in a 30 gallon rubber maid for the fear of any type of cycle. Well now everything is in, I waited about a month to start to add livestock and of course checking all parameters daily. I just wanted to share the finished tank.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

OP
OP
WnYreefer

WnYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

The tank is 29 gallons. I am running a 150w Fishneedit MH with a Phoenix 14k bulb , mp10 Vortech, Aquaclear 70 HOB filter, BRS reactor running GFO, Aquatic Llife Mini Protein Skimmer, Current TrueLumen LED Strip 453nm Actinic Blue. I am also running a Apex Jr that is set to control my LEDs from 10am-10pm and my main light turn ons from 1pm-6pm. It also controls my skimmer/reactor "might change to fan in the summer. Lastly i purchased a Foscam and have that setup for those "what if" situations. I am looking to find a way to stream it but haven't had the time.

Thanks,
Mike

Steven R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great you have alot going on in that 29 keep the pics coming

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice lookin' reef you got there! Thanks for sharing!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good! I see you have a liking for acan Lords! :D

Rockhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting my first biocube myself and is there anything that you would do different if you had the chance to start over. The wife would like me to start a seahorse tank with my BC29, any thoughts on that or have you heard of anyone doing this before. one last thing what kind of lighting are you using on yours

Thanks, Tom

OP
OP
WnYreefer

WnYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting my first biocube myself and is there anything that you would do different if you had the chance to start over. The wife would like me to start a seahorse tank with my BC29, any thoughts on that or have you heard of anyone doing this before. one last thing what kind of lighting are you using on yours

Thanks, Tom

Well I have had this tank for three years. I first started with a 10 gallon and with that little room I wanted to get something a little bigger within my budget and would fit the space that I had. This tank has also been moved twice within the past two years. My previous aquascape was bad, it looked like a mess with not alot of room "ill try to find a pic." I would of liked to redo my previous tank "so far im happy with the setup with this one.

A seahorse tank would be nice but I believe that like more verticle tanks "could be wrong" and if you went that way I would recommend doing a species only tank "you might be able to add a smaller fish but I think seahorses are slow movers/eaters." Seahorses are awesome! Oh yea if you do go that wrought go with tank bred like ORA.

The light I am using is a fishneedit 150w Metal Halide with Current TrueLumen LED Strip 453nm Actinic Blue running for dusk/dawn. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Mike

OP
OP
WnYreefer

WnYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few more pics. "I will get a better full tank shot". Sorry bout the glare its from my make shift PVC/acrylic viewer.
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

OP
OP
WnYreefer

WnYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my lovely wife got me a tube extension for Xmas for my 35mm camera and i just wanted to give an update and post some photos.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my lovely wife got me a tube extension for Xmas for my 35mm camera and i just wanted to give an update and post some photos.

Super looking and great shots ... are you a photographer as well .. those close ups are great !

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 59 40.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 34 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 4.8%

Back