My 29g biocube

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it was time to start a new tank thread. I wasn't sure if a 29g tank should be put in the nano tank section. After down grading from a 150g I have a little bit of size envy and wanted to be here with the regular folks.
i picked this tank up off craigslist a couple weeks ago. The tank was supposed to be empty, but when I showed up it wasn't. The current inhabitants are a (supposed) magnificent anemone, a baby rbta, a dying green torch, and a blue damsel. The corals do not look good at all right now, so I'm trying to get them back to health.
The current lighting is the stock power compact. I'll be adding a custom built led with the bluefish controller soon. I'll be transferring over my euphylia so I need a better light to keep them alive.
The filtration is one of those stock trays with filter floss and carbon, with some bio balls in the bottom compartment. At this point in time I don't plan on adding a skimmer but we'll see. I removed the bioballs and floss tray and added a media rack. I am currently using chemipure blue. We'll see if that keeps the parameters in check.
Plans for this tank include transferring over my euphylia, adding some Zoas, other lps and softies. I'm keeping my two clownfish and transferring them over.
So without further ado, here his how the tank looked when I got it setup at my house.

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a couple weeks I redid the rock work a little and added the euphylia I kept from my 150g. I traded my emperor angel for the zoas you can see, plus more zoas I'll be picking up later.

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is how she stands today. I got rid of certain corals and rearranged where I placed some of the others. I'm picking up more zoas and rescuing some acans from my old emperor. I'll have more pictures when I finally get everything all settled into their new homes.

Tstanfill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I'm fairly new. What and where can I get the pieces your growing the zoas on? The half spheres

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's it going? Just noticed your question. I got them from a local guy here who also does rockscapes. His name is jestersix, you can find him on Facebook. I'm sure one of the sponsors on here who sells coral frags will have them. They're called frag domes.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back