Waterbox 35.2 AIO Build thread

1trickpony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Getting back in after a long hiatus. Converted my Waterbox 35.2 AIO over the weekend to saltwater. Removed the filter socks and replaced them with InTank trays loaded with ceramics. I have a Tunze 9004 skimmer (just waiting for now as there's nothing to skim yet), AI Hydra 32 light and an AI Nero 3 powerhead. Also bought a new Sicce 1.5 return pump. Re-configured my Neptune Apex 3 and getting a Neptune ATO kit to keep the water at the proper level. The other compartment where the Tunze isn't, is loaded with MarinePure bio balls and left over Eheim ceramics filling in the spaces in the mesh bags. I left a couple compartments in the trays on both sides for future things like carbon and Purigen.

I'm doing a fishless cycle with the lights off and will probably keep the lights off for awhile. Last time I was into saltwater in 2009 my 150 gallon tank had an "ugly tank" period that was a long hard battle and I'm determined to get that part of the process right this time by getting in front of and staying ahead of it.

My wife helped with the 20 pounds of LifeRock setup because I have NO skill in that department. Looking to go with a fishless (if possible) LPS tank with crabs and shrimp.

I'll let you all know how I make out since we're only on day 2.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back