My 2nd BattleBox: Non-WYSIWYG :o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
edit: I have no idea if this belongs in the vendor's forum, or vendor feedback.

....and it was awesome. I have NEVER bought non-WYSIWYG corals online before but after being happy with my first pack, I was willing to try another. I just asked for chunky pieces, since they're going into a big tank and small (but rare) pieces would be invisible. Oh and mentioned I like Milliporas and Tenius.

I did bug him to get photos once or twice, but he doesn't really do that for battleboxes it seems. My guess is that he ships too many corals to take and send individualized photos for battleboxes like this, especially when I have no specific request/coral in the pack. That or he gathers and puts the boxes together at the day of shipment- I dont know.

So I was a bit nervous ordering non-wysiwyg but they did not disappoint!

iztOkHx.jpg

11 of these were from this pack- I unfortunately didn't have space to dedicate photos to JUST his pack. Those milliporas are insane!!

OsXS6XU.jpg

The blue coral in the middle is not from him- and keep in mind, I did replug some and lose a bit of encrustment. They all dipped clean like last time, but I am trying to make it a habit.

(Corals brighter in person, I am still learning to take photos under LEDs)

mlqQvDG.jpg

Unfortunately, the "boss" of the house says I am limited to one frag rack in this tank. So I will have to wait till 2019 to get everything acclimated, mounted, and have room for more. But I will be back.

***Or perhaps I can get a bigger frag rack made? #Loopholes

Last edited:

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
edit: I have no idea if this belongs in the vendor's forum, or vendor feedback.

....and it was awesome. I have NEVER bought non-WYSIWYG corals online before but after being happy with my first pack, I was willing to try another. I just asked for chunky pieces, since they're going into a big tank and small (but rare) pieces would be invisible. Oh and mentioned I like Milliporas and Tenius.

I did bug him to get photos once or twice, but he doesn't really do that for battleboxes it seems. My guess is that he ships too many corals to take and send individualized photos for battleboxes like this, especially when I have no specific request/coral in the pack. That or he gathers and puts the boxes together at the day of shipment- I dont know.

So I was a bit nervous ordering non-wysiwyg but they did not disappoint!

iztOkHx.jpg

11 of these were from this pack- I unfortunately didn't have space to dedicate photos to JUST his pack. Those milliporas are insane!!

OsXS6XU.jpg

The blue coral in the middle is not from him- and keep in mind, I did replug some and lose a bit of encrustment. They all dipped clean like last time, but I am trying to make it a habit.

(Corals brighter in person, I am still learning to take photos under LEDs)

mlqQvDG.jpg

Unfortunately, the "boss" of the house says I am limited to one frag rack in this tank. So I will have to wait till 2019 to get everything acclimated, mounted, and have room for more. But I will be back.

***Or perhaps I can get a bigger frag rack made? #Loopholes

Nice pack! I've ordered several Battleboxes. Like 6 or 7 by my best guess. The ones that I don't request anything and make Adam's picks are by far my favorites.

It's like getting a gift that you paid for yourself. You kinda know what you're getting but really have no idea at all.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed a Battlebox order tonight and pretty much left it open for Adam to pick
Will see what I get on Friday

I am also anxiously waiting for goodies- I got in on one of the mystery 10 packs, shipping Friday for Saturday delivery!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back