BLAST! or BAY???? it's ORANGE, THAT MUCH WE CAN ALL AGREE ON, a poll: you must Vote!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

What should we call this orange beast of an acro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, I'll confess sometimes before I have a name for a new coral locked in tight, I may dabble a little with a few different ideas. A gain the whole name thing, not to be taken too seriously anyway.

In the case of this piece early on I was calling it the "Orange Blast". Then somewhere along the way it became the "sore-Bay". You may have gotten one of these in a battlebox under either name. Had it a few years now so it defiantly out there.

And well, when I do get finally a piece shot for the site, it comes time to decide. So, I thought with this one I'd leave it up to you.

So what's it gonna be? Orange Blast! or Sore-Bay? Or, both at my digression? That could be fun. Like how Garbage Pail Kids used to have two different names for the same picture. Anyway, once we decide, up on the site it goes!

Poll closes in 10 days.

orane.jpg

Orange2.jpg

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted "i think..." but only so that it's actually a vote for "dork". short and sweet.
Me: hey check out my tank!
guest: wow, that's cool! what's that fuzzy one? the orange and blue?
me: Dork
guest: rude.

I also voted all the above, for the same reason.
Me: hey check out my tank!
guest: wow, that's cool! what's that fuzzy one? the orange and blue?
me: all the above
guest: what? weirdo.

but if it's between the first two, sore-bey (or both).

I'm no help.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'll confess sometimes before I have a name for a new coral locked in tight, I may dabble a little with a few different ideas. A gain the whole name thing, not to be taken too seriously anyway.

In the case of this piece early on I was calling it the "Orange Blast". Then somewhere along the way it became the "sore-Bay". You may have gotten one of these in a battlebox under either name. Had it a few years now so it defiantly out there.

And well, when I do get finally a piece shot for the site, it comes time to decide. So, I thought with this one I'd leave it up to you.

So what's it gonna be? Orange Blast! or Sore-Bay? Or, both at my digression? That could be fun. Like how Garbage Pail Kids used to have two different names for the same picture. Anyway, once we decide, up on the site it goes!

Poll closes in 10 days.

orane.jpg

Orange2.jpg
I like the garbage pail kids idea, both names.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a grafted piece would be a perfect candidate for a garbage pail kid reference since it’s truly two faced.. but again it would be fun for any coral just to screw up the name game! Maybe we’re onto something here hmmmm… if we confuse everyone and they can’t name it they can’t charge the reef tax :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine under orange blast... i agree with Joe - i don't like change... but there are other orange blasts out there and sore-bay seems like a very BC name... so i went with sore-bay...

for the record i also voted that you should figure these things out before you send em out...

Calm Down Chill Out GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the names have become such a dread, how about just using Colony Acquisition Numbers?

If this is the 347Th colony that you have decided to keep, mariculture and sell, then it would be CAN-347 and forever after folks could order Battle corals by numbers, Name your CAN ordering! s

Video Game Fruit GIF

Otherwise, the next coral colony that gets added to the collection will again create a naming contest and polls, and waste of time decisions that could easily be automated if you stop kicking the can down the road. Besides, the coral might be offended at the name it is given, revolt and RTN and be lost forever.

freaking cilla black GIF

100gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Poll closes in 10 days.

orane.jpg

Orange2.jpg

Poll closes in 10 days.

orane.jpg

Orange2.jpg
That’s definitely an @orange Blast!”

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back