My 2year old blonde naso died :(

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just wanted to vent a little my beautiful blonde male naso was dead this morning when I woke up :( I think I can contribute it to a mild overdose of potassium I noticed about 2 days ago after dosing my potassium my two largest tangs were suffering and lost all appetite and energy and heavy breathing all fish under 6" were fine it seemed so just wanted to give a heads up to all those dosing potassium

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that man, losing fish sucks, especially after having them for a long time. why are you dosing K in the first place let alone dosing a lot of it? Do you have any idea where your current K level is?

OP
OP
Reef UP

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose a broad range of vitamins and such it's just on my regular routine I've been dosing it for 2 yrs now I keep it right around 300 what I think happened is I mixed the new batch of stock a little stronger than normal which caused a quick spike when I dosed it the other day :(

OP
OP
Reef UP

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! It's going to be hard with out him for sure he was like a cat anytime I worked in my tank he'd rub up against my arm he'd go to my fingertips like please pet me lol he'd even turn to his side and everything as I petted his side maybe I can find another one with as much character as what he had
a6cd887c-37a6-3c18.jpg
here he is the day before!

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sorry to hear. I love Naso's and they do have tons of personality. Not going to beat a dead horse, but I would lay off the K dosing...the test kits are not that accurate and it is not needed to grow a healthy reef. Again, sorry to hear about the loss. It's never easy losing a fish : (

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back