My 3 gallon pico

scubadiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this little tank for over 5 years on my kitchen counter. The best decision I ever made was to purchase LED lighting from BSL. I stood there tonight looking into the tank at all the life within. I have a worm (peanut, elephant) whose mouth looks like an elephant. I am not sure how long he is because he never totally comes out of the rocks. He was checking out the sand while a small bristle worm crawled over him and little pods were running over and all around him like ants. They were going in and out of shells. My two 3 year old sexy shrimp were perched on their cabbage leather waiting for me to feed them as was the large hermit that shares the pico with them. I have the cabbage, mushrooms, zoas and kenya tree in this little tank as well as some kryptonite and blue/green candycane. I see so much more in this little tank than in my larger one. Until I can hit the water again in June to go diving, I have to satisfy my passion for sealife staring at my tanks. And how did you start your weekend??? LOL

05grandprix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. I cant wait to go diving myself but it will be awhile is the sad part i gotta wait til shoulder surgery. Tank sounds awesome

OP
OP
S

scubadiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While snorkeling on Vieques PR a few years ago, I fell on my left shoulder and got a torn labrum (SLAP injury). I was able to make a couple of boat dives with the injury, but needed extra assistance getting bac kon the boat. Surgery followed when I got home. I also tore my ACL on Kauai in rough water. I made some dives with the torn ACL until I could get home and get it fixed. I had just torn the opposite ACL mountng a horse a few months before this tear. Good luck with that shoulder. I was looking in the pico last night and saw a bristle worm that had to be 6 inches long!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back