My 300DD

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish store were I live is having a sale 1500 for just the tank

Hopefully Marineland is having a sale on their tanks and I can get one too. That seems like a sale price. I’ll take that.

How do you feel about the Monterey stands?

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2272.JPG
IMG_2239.JPG
IMG_2240.JPG
IMG_2271.JPG
IMG_2249.JPG

You have a beautiful tank. Really love it. How do you feel about the space in the stand. Is it the Monterey stand?

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added some corals and took out the 8" Formosa he was hunting a little to much digging everywhere
20161211_154701-01.jpeg
20161211_154711-01.jpeg
20161211_164928-01.jpeg
20161211_172727-01.jpeg
20161211_173651-01.jpeg
Looks great, I love the depth on my 300DD ;-)
Very nice aqua scaping and the depth makes it so nice.
Visit my build if you have the chance.

-Andre

Jr'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been able to figure out how to set the timing on those leds for lunar mode? Can't change my time past 20:00hr

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m creating a build thread to discuss my thoughts and ideas in the planning for my 300DD. I’m going to order it next week.
I feel like I should jump in here. My 300 DD gal Marineland failed Saturday. Feel devasted. Lost several fish. Lost all coral because we spent hours trying to save fish and lessen house damage. Yes it was the seal. A plop sound, I turn around and two torrents streaming out the right and left sides of front bottom seal. Please don't get one. We were very careful with tank etc. But if you go online, there are way too many stories - re: Marineland DD tanks. They should be responsible and recall them.
I don't want to dampen your plans, but look into other options. We also put tremendous time, care and effort in our tank. Would hate to see anyone else go through this.

Last edited:

Blue Tang Clan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When did you place the order for your 300 DD? Supposedly they made some changes to the silicone/sealing a few months back.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I should jump in here. My 300 DD gal Marineland failed Saturday. Feel devasted. Lost several fish. Lost all coral because we spent hours trying to save fish and lessen house damage. Yes it was the seal. A plop sound, I turn around and two torrents streaming out the right and left sides of front bottom seal. Please don't get one. We were very careful with tank etc. But if you go online, there are way too many stories - re: Marineland DD tanks. They should be responsible and recall them.
I don't want to dampen your plans, but look into other options. We also put tremendous time, care and effort in our tank. Would hate to see anyone else go through this.

I’m truly sorry for that. My previous broke in a similar fashion with the same characteristics when draining :-(

Can I ask when the tank has been bought and if the bottom had white silicone in it?

They did change a few things on my new one which came fresh from the factory end of last year.

Sorry again, and I hope you get them taking care of the damages.
They seemed to be Ok but I had only the tank to claim in my case.

Makes me all thinking again :-(

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m truly sorry for that. My previous broke in a similar fashion with the same characteristics when draining :-(

Can I ask when the tank has been bought and if the bottom had white silicone in it?

They did change a few things on my new one which came fresh from the factory end of last year.

Sorry again, and I hope you get them taking care of the damages.
They seemed to be Ok but I had only the tank to claim in my case.

Makes me all thinking again :-(

Purchased tank January 2015. Clear seals.

I know how you feel. We are struggling on how to rebuild after this. I feel like I will be on edge whenever I go out of town now, if we can redo the tank.
Maybe they learned their lesson. But it is upsetting they have not recalled the ones that were obviously defective.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased tank January 2015. Clear seals.

I know how you feel. We are struggling on how to rebuild after this. I feel like I will be on edge whenever I go out of town now, if we can redo the tank.
Maybe they learned their lesson. But it is upsetting they have not recalled the ones that were obviously defective.
True!!! Not responsible at all by Marineland !!!!
So you had white clear silicone in the bottom seals? And the vertical ones are black?!
Do you have a picture of the built sticker? Its an anchor with some data and is behind the black top frame only to see from the inside the tank.
Curious what is says!!!

-Andre

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True!!! Not responsible at all by Marineland !!!!
So you had white clear silicone in the bottom seals? And the vertical ones are black?!
Yes.
Do you have a picture of the built sticker? Its an anchor with some data and is behind the black top frame only to see from the inside the tank.
Curious what is says!!!

-Andre

IMG950063.jpg

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are taking pictures now of damages. I didn't take any of dead fish or coral. I was too upset and it never entered my mind.
One frustrating thing is that told me I have to keep the tank. And keep it intact until they can look at the seals. I get it. They want to avoid fraud. But I want this beast out of my living room and my fish back. A friend came to our rescue & is holding them for me while I regroup.
I don’t want to dampen enthusiasm any new or current 300 DD tank builds in any way. Just wanted to share if it could prevent any future mishaps. I hope everyone with a current tank or in the midst of a build has a successful thriving tank and wish them the best.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back