Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have received my new sump...
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8e8d.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8e8a.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8e8e.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
like christmas ,love it

OP
OP
Miamidchi

Miamidchi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i'm looking for some help on circulation pumps and placement. Im working towards a mixed reef tank on a 300g bow front that is 6' long 24" at ends and 30" in middle for width and 36" tall... i'm not sure what to do. Looking at possible black live sand at 1- 1/2" deep with low flow low light req corals on bottom with the sps at the top as the end goal of the tank as I am currently trying for. I am also open to any suggestions on rock scaping ideas to not get myself into trouble also... Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what type of circ pumps do you plan on using? mp40/60 or pointed directional flow, gyres?

OP
OP
Miamidchi

Miamidchi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what type of circ pumps do you plan on using? mp40/60 or pointed directional flow, gyres?
Thats what im trying to figure out at the moment. not sure what the best approach/ equipment should be. I have a blank canvas. looking for best value/ reliablity/ features for a some soft mostly lps and some sps reef

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so medium to high flow.

I like my gyres on the top for flow (helps the sps) over a wide (front to back) range and it helps broadcast food over a wide area.

Then i have mp 40s on the bottom but i run a bare bottom.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

Got a nice build going. You will love the sump. I got the ss 36. Built like a tank. And I see you got the free T-shirt. Love your kitchen too. Keep the build updated.

november290

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the build so far! I was looking at that sump myself for an upcoming build that is in the early planning stages.....really early.....! Anyway I would love to get some feedback on your thoughts on that sump. I am on the fence about wanting a rollermat or not.

OP
OP
Miamidchi

Miamidchi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the build so far! I was looking at that sump myself for an upcoming build that is in the early planning stages.....really early.....! Anyway I would love to get some feedback on your thoughts on that sump. I am on the fence about wanting a rollermat or not.
So far I love the build quality as it is very solid and well thought out. There is plenty of room for reactors or whatever else i may need in the future. I will let you know as time goes on.

OP
OP
Miamidchi

Miamidchi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
note quite sure how to best post a video but trying to get critiques for my rock work. Im leaving 3-4 inches at base on left to right of rocks, 3" base to back and up to 12" in front at most as its a bow front. The rock also climbs as high as 22" and its a 36" tall tank that will be SPS dominated. Want to leave plenty of room to grow. Please let me know what you think and if theres a better way to post the video as its my first vid. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1131.MOV
    83.2 MB
OP
OP
Miamidchi

Miamidchi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found the post about youtube channel.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Miamidchi

Miamidchi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8ed7.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8edd.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8edc.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8eda.jpg

A few updated pictures. Obviously some tidying up of wires will be on the to do list once its all in place...and it seems i hastily piped my uv in backwards from directions so ill have to fix that.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back