My 30g cube

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2011
Messages
1,868
Reaction score
107
Location
Flint, MI.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 30g DIY cube I picked up from a local friend that built it:

IMAG0379.jpg
 
I recently converted it to a fuge on my 180g tank as it has been plumbed up for over a year and I didnt do anything with it until now otherthen run water through it lol
 
There is halimedia, and a couple hitch hiker algaes in there and I am going to add some mangroves and a shaving brush plant as well.
 
I have never seen a display cube used as a fuge

My original plan was to set it up as a display in my sons room, but I got it when he wasnt even born yet and wife didnt like that idea, so I set it up off my display's sump and was going to use it as a frag tank....after never getting around to doing that I opted to go display type fuge.
 
In the back left corner I have chaeto and calurpa which will eventually go back into the original sump with the clip on light which will be replaced by t5's.
 
Also, this tank has a small prism pro skimmer running for the fun of it, along with an old tetra filter w/ carbon which will both go away eventually and the filter will be switched out with a reactor or two in the sump.
 
Did not really see any plumbing to connect it to your display

If you look again at the 2nd pic you can see the 1.5" drain pipe (just a straight up and down drain nothing fancy), which goes to my 100g rubbermaid sump that sits to the left of this tank. Also its hard to see but the return pipe is in the area with the chaeto calurpa in the back left corner.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new